Frequently Asked Questions
- Shipping Policies
- Product and Material Sourcing
The Apothecary uses Canada Post to ship orders. If for some reason you cannot receive Canada Post, please email before placing your order and we’ll see what we can do.
Shipments are sent out once weekly on Monday mornings.
You’ll receive an emailed confirmation and tracking information once it is shipped.
At the moment we do not offer international shipping, mainly due to technical difficulties with our shipping account which we are in the process of fixing. If you are from another country and would like to receive one of the products from the shop, please email the apothecary and we’ll see what we can do.
Returns and Exchanges
- You can return an item if it arrives broken or damaged, please send an email to the apothecary at WhiteOwlApothecary@gmail.com and explain the circumstances and provide a picture of the item if possible. You will receive a full refund, or an exchange for an item of equal value, or a coupon for your next order, whichever you would prefer.
- You can return an item within 30 days of receiving it If the item is non-perishable. It can be returned for a full refund. You are responsible for return shipping costs, and you will receive your refund upon receipt of the item in the same condition in which it was sent. To make up for some of your shipping costs you will receive a coupon for a future order.
- You can exchange an item if you would like, though generally it is easier to return the original and start again. You are responsible for return shipping.
- If you are having another problem which is not covered here, please send an email to WhiteOwlApothecary@gmail.com with your order number and we’ll do what we can to help you.
Presently the Apothecary does not offer wholesale large orders. However, if you would like to buy more of an item that is offered, such as a larger amount of tea, or multiple orders of the same thing and it is showing up as “out of stock”, please send an enquiry to WhiteOwlApothecary.com and we’ll put together a custom order for you, and depending on the amount you are purchasing you could receive a coupon for 5-20% off!
Product and Material Sourcing
Sourcing comes from many different places but everything is either certified organic, biodynamic, sustainably and ethically sourced/grown/harvested/gathered and created with intention and respect.
Some sources include:
- Dried herbs: Either Harmonic Arts, Mountain Rose Herbs, or ethically and sustainably wild crafted by myself or a trusted colleague
- Tinctures: Rutland, Harmonic Arts, or personally made
- Teabags and Packaging: Teabags and boxes are recycled paper, and the stamp ink is non-toxic. Jars and bottles are recycled glass. The only thing that is sourced new are the dropper lids for the tincture bottles, for your safety these need to be factory new and food-grade.
- Printing materials: Currently sourced locally from Opus Art and Island Blue Printing. At the moment I do not currently know where the canvas comes from, but art copies are printed on recycled paper.
- Original art information: Birch bark has been harvested over the course of 20 years from a privately owned property, the bark is never removed from the tree but gathered from the ground with all due respect. I usually clean it with vinegar and essential oils to remove any dirt, mold, or bits of nature that may get in the way. The ink I use is sourced from various places and I am currently in the market for non-toxic ink whenever possible.